POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh Relief Macro Landscapes : Mesh Relief Macro Landscapes Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Mesh Relief Macro Landscapes
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 15 Jun 2008 23:50:00
Message: <web.4855e1a5c71f0eb1bd1b3ad10@news.povray.org>
Hello all, I've been playing around a bit with Bill Pragnell's meshrelief.inc
macros, and seeing how they'd work for creating eroded mountains and such.

I'm trying to find something that can be a good quick-rendering stand-in for an
isosurface in a landscape. Anyway, here's the result of eroding a simple
Wings3d beveled box by iterating MeshShape() a couple of times with different
pigment deformations and high mesh resolution (almost 1 million polygons).

-Rob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rwm_meshrelief_landscape1.jpg' (400 KB)

Preview of image 'rwm_meshrelief_landscape1.jpg'
rwm_meshrelief_landscape1.jpg